Heckmondwike Primary School’s admissions policy is the same as the Kirklees Authority policy. If you wish to apply for a place for your child in Reception class starting September 2019, then you should make an online application using the Kirklees Parent Portal: Application window is from 1st September 2018 to 15th January 2019.
A detailed guide on how to apply for a place can be found in the Guide for Parents at: https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/admissions/pdf/primary-guide.pdf
Kirklees admission policy can be found at:
You can apply for a place in our nursery for a September 2019 start if your child’s date of birth falls between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016. The school provides 15 hours of nursery provision per week. This is offered as either 5x3 hour morning sessions or 5x3 hour afternoon sessions. Application forms are available directly from the school. For September 2019 admission, completed application forms should be returned to school by 1st March 2019. On-time applications for nursery places will be allocated by 1st May 2019 according to the following criteria:
If there are fewer applicants than there are places available, everyone who applies will be offered a place.
When there are more applicants than there are places available there has to be a way of deciding which children are offered places. This is done by having admission criteria, also known as over subscription criteria, which are considered in order:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or a child who was previously looked after.
- Children who live in the school’s Priority Admission Area (PAA) who have a brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Children who live in the school’s PAA.
- Children who live outside the school’s PAA who have a brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Children who live outside the school’s PAA.
To contact the school for more information please call 01924 325690
A copy of the Kirklees policy can be found at www.kirklees.gov.uk/admissions.
Please click her to view our School Admissions Policy.
High School applications for September 2019
Applications for High School need to be completed through the online Parent Portal before 31st October 2018 to be included in the first round of allocations. Applications after this date will be treated as 'late applications'.